Saturday, January 20, 2018

Postage Increase on January 21, 2018

The cost to mail a 1 oz letter increases from .49 to .50 on Sunday, January 21, 2018. The postcard rate will increase from .34 to .35. There's something soothing/correct to have the stamps at rounded numbers and not at odd/unusual numbers like it seems they have been for a long time. I have always missed seeing the denominations on the stamps. Ah, the good old days.


An additional ounce stamp remains at .21 and the cost to mail an overseas letter or postcard (1 oz or less) also remains unchanged at $1.15.

With the introduction of the Forever stamps (2007), it does make it convenient when the stamp prices increases to not have to go out and purchase more stamps or additional postage. Still, I miss having the amounts on the stamps. How about you?


1 comment:

jenclair said...

I do miss having the price on stamps! I think about it frequently when using my older stamps.